We continue to round out the 2021/22 golf cart categories we plan on maintaining over the course of next year. Our best electric golf push cart
is the second in the specific golf cart series following the newer format. With the dynamic top 3 format our specific gear categories do evolve over the time period under evaluation. So, depending on how things evolve over the next year this list could end up looking quite different.
Our first 2021/22 article in the golf cart category, the best remote golf carts, focused on electric carts with remote controls. For the majority of golfers, the remote is generally a “nice to have” feature not a deal breaker. Since adding a remote generally increases the price many feel a standard electric cart more than meets their demands.
There may also be some variations in the features that manufactures have in the remote vs non-remote electric cart versions. We debated amongst ourselves the hypothetical reasons. The best we could come up with was, for example, a remote cart may be assumed to be away from the golfer more often so perhaps the need for a high-definition display is less warranted. Or maybe they are just trying to make it harder for you to make up your mind.
To help give you an idea of the factors we consider in our golf cart rankings;
It goes without saying that there needs to be an emphasis on quality to rank on the top. Materials, stability, durability and warranties are some examples of the aspects which we evaluate when coming up with our quality score.
We don’t believe in a “price is no object”” mentality here. If you pay top dollar there needs to be a quality ratio that supports the investment. If the gear costs double then there should be a justification for it.
Beyond quality there are those add-ons that make the cart more appealing. Weight, size, power are all examples of features that may impact where a product gets ranked. At times the importance of a feature may be increased or lessened. For example, we would place less importance of the weight of an electric cart as compared to a pull cart.
If you don’t find what you are looking for here remember we track all of the golf carts that we have reviewed in our best new golf carts 2021/2022 article. It is possible that we don’t share the same weighting on key factors that would keep the specific item in your top 3. This could result it sliding out of our category ranking list. The fact that at some point it made the top 3 should speak to its merits as far as being a quality cart. So you can still feel assured you are getting a quality piece of gear.
Hopefully our efforts in tracking what is happening in the golf cart market can help you find a cart that makes your golf rounds more enjoyable. And in this case power you up those steep climbs.
Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Caddy
Motocaddy has been a market leader in the electric cart industry for years. The new M7 Remote DHC Electric CaddyDeveloped just keeps on distancin
Motocaddy’s M series continues to dominate across all categories. Building on a superior core design has allowed Motocaddy to tweak their cart’s so to meet the specific niches in the golf cart market. The M5 GPS DHC Electric Caddy is no different.
Short of having the remote control like the M7, the M5 is packed with everything else you could want from an electric cart and more.
Again, we can’t say it any better than the market leader does so….
«Compact and easy-to-fold, the M5 GPS DHC is the world’s first compact caddy to offer fully‑integrated GPS built into a super-responsive 3.5” touchscreen display. Easily viewable no matter the weather, the screen can be easily controlled in all conditions – even while wearing a glove.”
Power at your fingertips
Boasting 40,000 pre-loaded courses with distances to the front, middle and back of the green, plus hazards, the M5 GPS DHC offers the ability to move the flag position for more accurate shot preparation. Packed with features, the high-resolution touchscreen display also includes a Clock, Round timer and Score tracking, plus the par and stroke index of each hole, shot distance measurement, automatic hole advancement and a battery meter.
The M5 GPS DHC can also be connected via Bluetooth to the free Motocaddy GPS app to offer a wide-range of smartphone notifications including missed calls, texts, emails and range of app alerts, including WhatsApp and Facebook. In another industry first, the caddy also offers built-in WiFi for super-fast Over‑the‑Air course and system updates.
Developed with our award-winning DHC technology, the caddy can also maintain a constant speed while moving down a gradient – thanks to a special single motor that offers downhill braking, coupled with an electronic parking brake. It also comes with specialised all-terrain DHC wheels.
- Automatic Downhill Control
- Simple, compact-folding system
- SlimFold trunk friendly design
- Next generation, High Power 28.8V system
- Nine-speed settings, Speed indicator & Battery meter
- USB charging port
- Super‑lightweight, waterproof Lithium battery
- On board charging
- Oversize tubing for ultimate handle stability
- Innovative inverting wheels
- Convenient auto‑open stand
- Simple, fully-adjustable handle height
- EASILOCK™ compatible
- Electronic Parking brake
- All terrain DHC wheels
- World’s first compact touchscreen caddy
- High resolution 3.5” LCD touchscreen display
- Fully integrated, high-performance GPS
- 40,000 pre‑loaded courses ‑ no subscription
- Distances to front, middle & back of green, plus hazards
- Drag & drop pin positioning
- Smartphone alerts (missed calls, texts, emails & apps)*
- Score tracking
- Shot distance measurement
- WiFi powered, Over‑the‑Air updates**
- Clock & Round timer
- Adjustable Distance Control (up to 60 yards/metres)
- Powerful, whisper-quiet 230W DHC motor
You will be hard pressed to find an electric cart on the market with more…
- ELECTRIC GPS GOLF CADDY: Compact, easy-to-fold motorized golf cart caddy with fully-integrated GPS effortlessly moves around the course and ups your golf game; Dimensions (L x W x H): 16.1 x 18.5 x 25.6 inches; Weight: 28.4 pounds
- DYNAMIC TOUCHSCREEN: 3.5-inch touchscreen display is easily viewable and controllable in all weather conditions or while wearing a glove; Innovative system features clock, round timer, score tracking, and course metrics to help record and compare your results
- KEEP CONTROL: Downhill braking technology maintains a constant speed while moving down a gradient, preventing runaway caddies; 3 all-terrain DHC wheels provide traction on all types of terrain and invert when the frame is folded
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Simple-to-fold, 2 step system collapses the cart into a compact size for easy storage and transportation; Thick, ergonomic handle adjusts to perfectly fit your height
- RESPONSIVE GPS FEATURES: 40,000 pre-loaded courses contain valuable distance data; Reposition the flag to plan your shot; Optional smartphone alerts ensure you don't miss important life events off the course