We will continue to push forward with our gear reviews for the 2021/22 golf season. Some months ago, we kind of got sidetracked when we started to look at the golf cart market. So, we thought we would try to pick up where we left off. There are several categories that we would like to segment the cart market into. We started looking into “follow carts” with our Best electric golf push cart that follows you article. Now we will continue on with our best remote golf carts 2021/2022 rankings.
There is a little overlap with this and the previous article since yes both do potentially have remote controls. But since there is quite a gap in the technology, selection and price between the two we thought we would pay a little more attention to remote golf cart market.
We will pretty much keep to the same approach as our latest series of articles. Our emphasis remains on products launched in 2021 and into 2022. We might be a little more lenient on the release dates since we did not get the chance to get a best of article out there earlier in the year for previously released gear. Then come this time next year we plan to shift forward one year into a 2022/2023 ranking list. In that way we are always comparing the latest gear coming to market.
Also, our new approach to limit our category specific rankings to the top 3 is not changing. You can track all of the golf carts that we review in our best new golf carts 2021/2022 article. And yes, this rankings list is dynamic like the other’s as well. So today’s rankings may be very different to how we end up in a year’s time.
To help give you an idea of the factors we considered when ranking the best remote golf carts.
It goes without saying that there needs to be an emphasis on quality to rank on the top. Here materials used, stability, durability and warranties are some examples of the aspects which we evaluate when coming up with our quality score.
We don’t believe in a “price is no object”” mentality here. If you pay top dollar there needs to be a quality ratio that supports the investment. If the gear costs double then there should be a justification for it.
Beyond quality there are those add-ons that make the cart more appealing. Weight, size, power are all examples of features that may impact where a product gets ranked. At times the importance of a feature may be increased or lessened. For example, we would place less importance of the weight of an electric cart as compared to a pull cart.
Motocaddy M7 Remote DHC Electric Caddy
Motocaddy has been a market leader in the electric cart industry for years. The new M7 Remote DHC Electric CaddyDeveloped just keeps on distancing Motocaddy from the rest of the field.
We can’t really say it any better than they can…
Remote – Re-imagined
Following extensive development and testing, the M7 REMOTE’s powerful drive system has been completely redesigned to offer increased reliability, optimised battery efficiency, and instinctive caddy control from your first time behind the wheel.
A new-look, rechargeable remote control handset conveniently clips to the caddy frame for easy access and storage. The upgraded handset provides golfers with new ergonomic controls, improving usability and precision when controlling the caddy.
Compact Folding, Simplified
The M7 REMOTE is the newest addition to the award-winning M-Series range. The sophisticated remote control model integrates all the cutting-edge M-Series functionality including the world’s simplest folding mechanism, innovative trunk friendly design, high-power 28.8V system, easily-adjustable handle height and over-sized tubing for ultimate caddy stability. It also features a removable rear anti-tip wheel and automatic Downhill Control to traverse undulations with ease.
- Rechargeable remote control handset
- Forward, left, right & reverse controls
- Pause & resume, plus emergency stop
- Automatic Downhill Control
- Easy manual control mode
- Removable rear anti-tip wheel
- 50m range cut-out
- 120 second hibernation
- Remote handset lock function
- Simple, compact-folding system
- SlimFold trunk friendly design
- Next generation, High Power 28.8V system
- Anti-glare LCD screen
- Nine-speed settings, Speed indicator & Battery meter
- On screen remote handset battery meter
- USB charging port
- Super‑lightweight, waterproof Lithium battery
- On board charging
- Oversize tubing for ultimate handle stability
- Innovative inverting wheels
- Convenient auto‑open stand
- Simple, fully-adjustable handle height
- EASILOCK™ compatible
There just is not a better remote cart out there so if you are looking for the best, here it is.
- ELECTRIC GOLF CADDY: Compact, easy-to-fold motorized golf cart caddy follows your every direction with the push of a button; Dimensions (L x W x H): 16.5 x 18.5 x 25.6 inches; Weight: 36.7 pounds
- RECHARGEABLE REMOTE: Rechargeable remote control handset can be conveniently stored on the caddy frame or in your pocket while locked to avoid accidentally pushing a button
- EASY TO DRIVE: Forward, left, right, reverse, pause, resume, and emergency stop buttons make maneuvering instinctive and easy; Remote's range of 150 feet allows you to safely operate from a distance; Manual control mode can be switched on if your battery drains
- DOWNHILL CONTROL: Downhill braking technology automatically maintains a constant speed while moving down a gradient, preventing runaway caddies; Removable rear wheel offers extra balance over rough terrain to prevent tipping
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Simple-to-fold, 2 step system collapses the caddy into a compact size for easy storage and transportation; thick, ergonomic handle adjusts to perfectly fit your height
Alphard Golf eWheels Club Booster V2
It is not often that there are products that are truly innovative come to market. Yes, there are gradual improvements with advances in technology that keep things moving forward. Instead, we find it far more interesting when gear comes along where people started looking at finding solutions in a completely different way. And that is exactly what the Alphard Golf eWheels Club Booster V2 does.
When you have this type of innovation it is even hard to find a category that it fits into and such is the case here. We have decided that it best belongs in the remote electric cart category but it actually is not one. It just transforms your existing cart into one. Alphard Golf has also done their due diligence offering versions to support the vast majority of push carts on the market. So, you are more likely than not to find one that fits for you.
What was most impressive to us was that it was not a second-best solution to just going out and getting a remote cart. It actually delivered and lived up to the full expectations of what would be considered the industry standard. The craftsmanship and materials are top notch. With and aircraft grade extruded aluminum body and wear resistant polyurethane wheels the eWheels Club Booster V2 is rugged enough to handle all terrain you may encounter on the course and keep on moving forward.
The next worry we had was would it require complicated and painful assembly. Again, a big surprise that we had this integrated with our cart in no time and no fuss. Definitely it did not rival my Ikea furniture building experiences. There is a benefit here also in that you are giving yourself the option of using a motorized cart when you feel like and not on those rounds you feel like a little more exercise. Maybe that second round of the day needs a little boost, problem solved!
The price runs somewhere around half of what the other leading remote-control carts are selling for on the market so there is some savings to be found as well. While the warranty is only one year so is a little on the short side it is a durable product. And also, the individual components are separately sold at fair prices so if somewhere down the line there would be a need for some tunning up your whole investment is not lost.So, if you are considering upgrading your current cart in favor of an electric cart this really is a product that you should be considering. It gives you complete flexibility, quality at a justifiable price.
- TRANSFORMS YOUR PUSH CART INTO A MOTORIZED ELECTRIC CART
- REMOTE CONTROLLED – Effortless smooth steering with multiple speed and distance timer settings. Send your cart 15 or 30 yards out with a single press of a button. Even pair your smart phone for convenient control that’s always with you
- 6 AXIS GYROSCOPE – Automatically detects terrain and adjusts to keep your cart tracking straight and rolling at a steady pace even as it traverses bumps and slopes
- LOADED WITH FEATURES – Weatherproof, long lasting detachable lithium-ion battery, electronic parking brake, virtually silent brushless motors, smart phone app enabled control, customization, and firmware updates. INCLUDES WHEELIE BARS to prevent tipping on hills
- EASY INSTALLATION AND OPERATION – Club Booster can be installed on your cart quickly and the intuitive controls can be mastered in minutes
MGI Zip Navigator
I had the opportunity to play a round with a friend earlier in the year who had just purchased the MGI Zip Navigator. He had only played a few rounds with it at that point of time but was managing without any visible issues. Even if I was thinking it would have been quite a laugh to watch the cart race off into a water hazard with him panicking with the remote uncontrollably. Unfortunately, no such luck:)
Since we were in the process of product discussions, I caught up with him to check up on how the Navigator was holding up. He without blinking began to rave about it and how it has made his golf rounds more enjoyable. No longer did he need to walk the cart around the green but for example but let the cart go do the wandering while he made a straight line to the ball with putter and remote in hand.
Given he is on the course for about 5 rounds a week and no flaws or product issues are reported it seems to be holding up very well. And with a 3-year warranty there is little need to worry any time soon.
Some additional product hightlights:
- Full directional remote control allows for left, right, forward, reverse and speed control
- Patented Gyroscope Straight Tracker technology automatically keeps the cart on track across any terrain
- Downhill speed control minimises your effort and maximises control
- Twin 230-watt calibrated motors for supreme power and agility
- Powered by the largest capacity Lithium 24v 380Wh battery
- All terrain tread rear wheels help handle all conditions
- Swivelling front wheel
- Fully foldable rear fourth wheel for added stability
- 3 year warranty
We are being a little lenient including the Zip Navigator since it is a little earlier product release than what we intend to track with our new rankings. We give this one a veto purely based on our first-hand knowledge of the product and the fact that we did not manage to get our “best of” cart lists out earlier in the year.