Last year’s golf bag review articles included a “money” series dedicated to bags priced at certain levels. Our best golf bags under 150 dollars 2021/2022 rankings list picks up where that left off.
We spent a lot of time discussing how we wanted to develop our golf bag reviews in the future. Since they were our most read reviews last year it is important to continue to provide insight for our readers. Our goal is to add value to our readers decision-making process while occasionally adding a laugh along the way. Part of that process included understanding which articles made the most sense to take forward under our new 2021/2022 format. The outcome of those discussions was to limit the number of money rankings we will take forward to just two price levels, bags under USD 150 and bags under USD 200.
We used the data collected during last year’s 200+ bag reviews to come up with a bias proof rating methodology. To avoid repetition, we won’t go into great detail here on the calculation method. If you are interested in how the scores are derived then take a look at Best golf bags for 2021/2022 master ranking list where it is explained in more depth. There you can also see all of the golf bags we have reviewed across all sub-categories in 2021/2022.
If you have read the new methodology, it explains that all of the statistical baselines which we created were done per bag type. This means that all direct correlations are restricted to bags of the same type. To make it simpler, a score of 65% for a carry bag cannot be ranked against a score of 63% for a stand bag. This is important to remember when reading this rankings list. Why?
The best new golf bags under 150 dollars 2021/2022 rankings list crosses over all bag types. What this means is that we are just giving absolute best options independent from being a stand, cart etc golf bag. Of course, any bags that appear in the review are top-quality bags and yield the best price-quality ratios. There just may not be a direct relationship between them if they are not from the same bag family What we can say is…
Any bag appearing on this ranking is our best rated option within its bag type.
Under the new format, all of our 2021/2022 rankings lists are dynamic and limited to our top 3 choices. Here is no different. As new products come to market of course the list may change. If you check in from time to time you will see how the rankings evolve.
The last note is that we did not include carry bags in our bags under 150 dollars rankings. Since we have a dedicates rankings for carry bags and they are usually targeted at this price level, we wanted to give our readers a better view on the budget bag options for standard type golf bags.
Fastfold 7″ Stand bag Orbiter Rain Dry
The Fastfold 7″ Stand bag Orbiter Rain Dry’s score of 73.5% places it amongst the very top golf bags across all golf bag segments that we have so far tested.
While many golfers may not be aware of the Fastfold brand it has seen rapid growth in the last years. Originating in the Netherlands, its name is becoming synonymous for high end products at very reasonable price points
- USD 135 RRSP
- 3.77 lbs Weight
- 7.0” top
- New ultralite top and bottom
- 4 way divider
- 3 pockets incl. 1 cooler pocket
- Towel holder
- 5 Colors
The high ranking was realized by its extremely affordable price and favorable weight that both rated at the very top side of the market. In addition, it checked the boxes of the majority of features golfers are looking for. Our only negative, on what is otherwise an exceptional golf bag, is the limited number of pockets.
The FastFold Orbiter Stand Bag is actually part of Fastfolds’ 2021 line. We didn’t get our hands on it until later in the season so we are really looking forward to testing the 2022 additions when they come to market.
- The Fastfold Orbiter Stand Bag is a lightweight, extremely portable, waterproof stand bag for all your golfing needs
- The Fastfold Orbiter Stand Bag has a NEW ultra-lite top and bottom featuring a dual strap design for carrying ease and maximum comfort
- Furthermore, the Fastfold Orbiter Stand Bag features a 4-way divider to store your clubs and keep them dry with the included rain hood and waterproof construction
- There are 3 pockets including a cooler pocket as well as a towel holder for storing any miscellaneous items you might need
- Available in 5 stylish choices: Red/Blue, Blue/Yellow, Orange/Light Blue, Black/Beige, and Black/Silver
Izzo Golf Ultra-Lite Stand Golf Bag
Izzo Golf has been making golf bags for some years now and their Ultra-Lite Stand Golf Bag has gone through a few iterations but the latest model may be the best yet. Deservedly one of the top ranked bags with a 70% score.
- USD 130 RRSP
- 3.2 lbs
- 4 way top
- Customizable ball pocket
- Umbrella Holder
- Integrated SmartGRIP Handle
- Dual Strap
- Rain Hood
- High Strength 4200 Polyester Fabric
Izzo Golf Ultra-Lite Stand Golf Bag made it to the top of the rankings quite simply by understanding the needs of the market segment for which they are targeting and doing it better than most. They have positioning their product to meet those demands perfectly….
Light, functional, durable and economic. It is a winning formula everytime!
- Lightweight Golf Bag: At only 3.2 lbs, our golf stand bag is exceptionally easy to carry
- Exceptional Organization: Our lightweight golf bags feature a 4-way top designed to keep your clubs safe and secure; Full-length club dividers help keep your clubs organized and ordered
- Exclusive Features: Our golf stand bags include exclusive features like an Umbrella Holder, an integrated SmartGRIP Handle, a Dual-Strap carrying system, and a Rain Hood
- Durable Construction: Our golf bags are constructed from high-strength 4200 polyester fabric that not only lasts but also looks great
- Designed For Walkers: Light weight designed for the golfer who walks, but is still equipped with all the organizational and storage features you crave while on the course
RAM FX Lightweight Golf Stand Carry Bag
We still have not figured out the synergies between trucks and golf gear but RAM’s FX Lightweight Golf Stand Carry Bag is a pleasant surprise and a good budget option for those to get a quality bag and save some money while doing it. It’s respectable 67.50% score is well deserved ranking it amongst the top early options of 2021/2022.
- USD 130 RRSP
- Automatic pop out
- 6 Total Pockets
- 5-way 9″ top
- 2 full length dividers
- Rain hood
- Umbrella holder
- Golf towel buckle
- Velcro glove holder
- Dual padded shoulder straps with 4-point harness
- 7 color options
RAMS rise to the top of a rankings list is another example of understanding the market and delivering. The fact is at these price points you have products that have features that exceed expectations. When we talk about price-quality ratios they excel because when you look at bags costing almost 2-3 times more, they just are not delivering 200-300% better products. And when you are talking about gear that does not directly related to saving strokes it becomes a hard argument to make.
- LIGHTWEIGHT STAND BAG - This bag has been on diet! Weighing just 4.5lbs, this bag lightens the load on your shoulders while still giving you all the features you want
- AUTOMATIC POP OUT LEGS - Set the bag down with ease, stands at the perfect angle to grab your clubs
- PLENTY OF POCKETS - ball/tee pocket, soft lined valuables pouch, full length apparel pocket, bottle pocket, pen holder, scorecard sleeve
- 5 WAY DIVIDER TOP - Keep your clubs in the zone with the 9" 5 way divider top system with 2 full length dividers
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES - Rain hood included, umbrella holder, golf towel buckle, Velcro glove holder, dual padded shoulder straps with 4 point harness for comfortable fit