We continue with our new golf bag reviews with our Best golf cart bag 2021/2022 rankings list. We actually did not have a dedicated ranking in last year’s reviews for cart bags so this will be the first time they get a space of their own.
At this point we have gone through the new scoring calculation methodology for our golf bags 2021/2022 rankings lists several times. We will avoid doing it in detail here again. Interested in knowing how are scores are calculated? Take a look at our best golf bags for 2021/2022 master ranking list. There you can find the methodology explained in more depth and also see all of the golf bags we have reviewed across all sub-categories in 2021/2022.
While compiling our best golf cart bag options for 2021/2022 we remained consistent with our new 2021/2022 ranking lists approach. We prioritised the gear that came to market in the latter part of 2021 and beyond. Since this is the first time we are transitioning to the new approach the timeline may be a little imperfect. What is for sure is these bags where not considered in last years golf bag rankings.
Remember our new scoring methodology does not hand out 98%. It just is not possible.
There are always tradeoffs which effect the balance of the equation. Paying an overly high price for more features may create mathematical limitation on the number of points/percentile the golf bag is able to obtain.
What we can assure you is that whatever the score the bag, the top ranked bags will provide you with the best price-quality ratio.
As mentioned, last year’s reviews generated a ton of data. The data specifically relevant for our 2021/2022 golf cart bags baseline is:
- Average RRSP: $238.41
- Average weight: 6.06 lbs
- Average no. of pockets: 10.05
- Average no. of colors: 4.68
This gives you a quick view on how your bag relates to the alternatives on the market. Keep in mind there are additional features and characteristics that are included in the final scoring and ranking.
As with all of the 2021/2022 sub-category rankings lists, we will limit it to our top 3 positions. As new products come to market of course the list may change so you might want to check back in from time to time. What we do hope is that you will profit from our new methodology in finding the best golf bag that fits your needs.
Sun Mountain Sync 14-Way Divided Cart Bag
Sun Mountain is one of the producers that have got their full line of bags to market well ahead of the rest. On several occasions their bags have just missed out on our top rankings spots so am happy to see the Sync 14-Way Golf Cart Bag finally make the cut with a strong 71.50%
We are firm believers in progress and while some golfers take issue with the molded bottom not being as compatible with older model push carts, we don’t. The fact is that when the Sync 14-Way Golf Cart Bag is coupled with a suitable push cart the fit is far more secure and comfortable to use that it would be without. The same people have probably bought a new TaylorMade driver for 3 consecutive years. So, relax, do your due diligence on integration with you push cart and enjoy!
- USD 250 RRSP
- 6.1 lbs
- 10.5” Top
- Fourteen individual club dividers
- Bottom molded to fit (Speed Cart V1R, Pathfinder PX3 and PX4)
- 12 Total pockets
- Ventilated cooler pocket
- Velour-lined valuables pocket
- Velour-lined rangefinder pocket
- Cart strap pass-through slots
- 2 Utility handles
- Matching rainhood
Sun Mountain’s Sync 14-Way Golf Cart Bag was able to get to the top by delivery a feature packed bag at a below average price. Its 6.1 lbs weight also was on the right side of the average of the cart bag data set making it an attractive choice for those wanting to save a little energy for their golf swing.
MacGregor Mac 2.0 Heather Cart Bag
MacGregor Golf’s Mac 2.0 Heather Cart Bag is a leap forward in design, retooling the models once slightly inflated look into a top tiered looking golf bag. Without losing an ounce in features this bag is well deserved of its 70.50% score and place amongst this year’s top bags.
- USD 170 RRSP
- 5 lbs
- 14 way full length divider system
- Oversize putter slot
- 2 soft lined valuable pockets
- 2 full length apparel pockets
- Large insulated drinks pocket (fits 2 water bottles or 4 standard cans)
- Balls pocket
- Tees/accessories pocket
- 2 additional side pockets
- Rain hood
- Golf towel/accessory buckle
- Velcro glove holder
- Tee holder
- Adjustable padded carry strap
- External umbrella holder
- Quick grab top
There should not be much need for convincing why the Mac 2.0 found its way to the top of a ranking list. Take a look at the bag, look at that list of features then check out the price. Enough said.
- DELUXE CART BAG - Tour quality golf cart bag with plenty of storage and a sharp new design,
- 14 + 1 DIVIDER SYSTEM - Keep your clubs organized with this golf bag featuring 14 divider system with full length dividers, plus bonus oversize putter slot
- STORAGE - Features plenty of function driven pockets, including 2 soft lined valuable pockets, 2 full length apparel, large insulated drinks pocket (fits 2 water bottles or 4 standard cans), balls pocket, tees/accessories pocket and 2 additional side pockets for any extra gear
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES - rain hood, golf towel/accessory buckle, Velcro glove holder, tee holder, adjustable carry strap, external umbrella holder, quick grab top
- SPECS - Bag height 35". Weight - 5lbs
Mizuno BR-D4C Cart Bag
Mizuno’s BR-D4C Cart Bag is another top quality bag in their new line of releases for this year. Intelligent design has maximized the utility of its multiple features making it not only a great looking golf bag, but also an extremely well thought out one. It is every bit deserving of a place amongst our top picks and its 68%.
- USD 280 RRSP
- 5.77 lbs
- 14-Way Top Cuff
- Integrated Large Putter Well
- Full Length Dividers
- Dual Shoulder Straps with Quick Release Clips
- Rubberized Grab Handle Integrated into Top Cuff
- Cart Strap Channel with Durable, Abrasion Resistant Material
- Magnetic Closure Pocket with Fleece Lining
- “Mission Control” Organizer Panel
- Large golf balls pocket
- Velcro front panel for glove storage
- Fleece Lined Valuables Pockets with Waterproof Zippers
- Metal Towel/Accessory Clip
- Full Length Apparel Pockets
- Integrated Umbrella Sleeve
- Quick Access Mesh Pockets
- Loop Velcro Patch
- Extra Large Insulated Cooler Pocket with Drain Holes
- Removable Ball Pocket Panel
- Push Cart Notch on Bottom Cuff
The Mizuno BR-D4C Cart Bag was able to achieve its top-rated status by, as you can see above, packing a long list of features while keeping the bag very close to the average cart bag price on the market. When premium bag companies are able to keep the costs under control they generally do well and the BR-D4C Cart Bag is a good example of that.