My first experience with Maui Jim sunglasses was a couple of years back when I had forgotten my sunglasses on a boating trip and a friend let me borrow a pair of his. I loved them and have since gone on to own a couple of pairs including the WANA Sport’s which are my go-to sunglasses for a casual day on the golf course. It is worth stating right from the start that, unlike my colleague and co-writer I do not have any issues with polarized lenses on the golf course and currently there are no options for non-polarized lenses. So, if this is not a show stopper for you read on.
As mentioned, I use the WANA Sport’s for my fun days on the course which also usually includes a visit to the 19th after the round. I feel that they have a great balance as far as sporty enough for the course but don’t look out of place when sitting around after for some drinks and chatter.
On the course they work very well. I have a big head on my shoulders and the fit is not restrictive but does stay firmly in place while over the ball and during the golf swing. I use the neutral grey lenses and find despite the polarization the contrasts and light still allow me to navigate the nuances of the green very well unlike some other polarized lenses I have tried in the past. I have found the size and curvature of the lenses optimum for keeping out unfiltered light and keep my eyes looking through the lenses in all situations on the golf course.
There are currently 3 different smart looking frame and lens options available. While it may not be as many as some brands, especially those with replaceable lenses, I have no doubts that there is something there that will fit most golfers’ tastes. So for those who are not familiar or have not ever tried Maui Jim sunglasses I would recommend the WANA Sport’s as a good place to start.
- Click the Maui Jim link above to visit our brand store, where you can find our entire catalog of sunglasses
- All Maui Jim sunglasses feature PolarizedPlus2 lens technology that go beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays by enhancing colors to reveal the true beauty of the world around you
- Enjoy ultimate UV protection combined with premuim style, incredible durability, glare-free vision, and color-boosting patented technologies
- Neutral Grey lenses offer the highest available light reduction and are most useful in bright, direct sunlight
- Frames constructed from lightweight, corrosion-resistant monel metal, designed for extreme comfort and durability