The Approach R10 represents Garmin’s initial product offering into the launch monitor market. Launched in the second half of 2021 the R10 has already been very well received amongst many golf enthusiasts. This really should come as no surprise since Garmin has been consistently amongst the front runners in combining golf and GPS and tracking technologies for many years now. With the R10 Garmin has delivered perhaps the best price vs performance ratio in the personal golf launch monitor market today.
When we finally got our hands on the R10 the first thing we noticed is the simplistic and eye catching design. The magnetic tripod mount is secure and stabilizes the unit extremely well making it a fuss free set up which is not always the case with portable launch monitors.
As mentioned, to date ithas been unheard of that a personal launch monitor anywhere near this price could track 14 different metrics but the Approach R10 has changed the game. During our trials we set the R10 up alongside the my Mevo+ and we were able to consistently produce numbers that we deviating Approach R10 between the two launch monitors by 1-2%.
There have been some comments regarding reduced accuracy while using indoors. While I don’t feel there should be any performance drop off as compared to the other portable units in this respect all of our trials were performed outdoors so we can’t validate this for certain.
Like other portable units you do require a smartphone/iOS device to be able to run the R10 but the device easily pairs with the Garmin golf app being the hub to enable all functionality. While we concentrated on how it performed on the range the Approach R10 is packed with additional functionality and perks such as E6 Connect compatibility, a massive course library for simulation use including tournament possibilities, statistics tracking and video editing options. Some of these do require additional fees but there really is no end to how far you can go with the R10.
So, if you are looking for a top end personal launch monitor at a fraction of the cost you would expect than the Garmin Approach R10 is currently we feel the best option available on the market.
- Work to improve your game at home, indoors or on the driving range with a portable launch monitor .Waterproof : IPX7.Control Method:Application,VoiceWater Resistant: Yes.Club Head speed accuracy : plus/- 3 mph, Ball speed accuracy : plus/- 1 mph, Launch angle accuracy : plus/- 1 degree, Launch direction accuracy : plus/- 1 degree.
- Track key metrics when paired with a compatible smartphone with the Garmin Golf app to help better your shot consistency, including club head speed, ball speed, swing tempo, ball spin, launch angle and more
- Understand your golf strengths and areas for improvement by using training mode, which tracks stats for each club and shows a shot dispersion chart based on estimated ball flight using the Garmin Golf app
- See and analyze your own swing with automatically recorded video clips that include the metrics of that swing when paired with a compatible smartphone with the Garmin Golf app
- With an active subscription and the Garmin Golf app, play virtual rounds on over 42,000 courses around the world and take part in a weekly tournament with scores posted to our global leaderboard
- Included phone mount easily attaches to a golf bag for better viewing and easier interaction with the Garmin Golf app